A whimsical place to play, where paper and ink become one.

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Open-minded Crafting Fun Themed Challenge ~ "Roll Out The Red"

Hi Friends,

Today over at the "Open-minded Crafting Fun" Challenge blog we are starting a new challenge today. This weeks theme is "Roll Out The Red" and our amazing sponsor is Dilly Bean Stamps! This wonderful image is named "Tula's Heart" and as soon as I saw it I immediately began envisioning it with a vintage feel so that is what I focused on, and here is the result...


This is the first time I have attempted this style and I have to say it really felt good. It is currently my favorite card I have ever made. The distressed edges, the aged lace, and of course the handmade roses really add charm to this card. The beautiful die with pearl accents really gave a perfect backdrop for this adorable image. Check out some of the close up details below.


Mediums: Copic Markers

E000.E00.E04.E11.E21.R20,R27,R29,R59, E31, E35, E37, E39, E57, E59, YR61, YR65

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Melanie! No wonder you like it so much. :) i love the vintage look & feel in this and great use of red.

    Hugs,
    Hanne, DT sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Melanie, I love the vintage feel you gave to the card.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete